USED TYRES

I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me and you can start adding your own content and make changes to the font. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.

There are many times when buying used tyres is the right choice. You may be planning to trade your car in soon. Or, maybe just one or two tyres are worn or damaged, and you want to match the wear on your other tyres instead of buying new. As a service to our customers, Eds Tyres stocks thousands of high quality used tyres and like new take off tyres from major brand tyre manufacturers. We offer quality used tyres cheap in nearly ever size and in complete sets of 4, pairs of 2 and singles. We inspect each tyre to be sure they will perform and, of course, we install and balance them at no extra cost.

All tyres are stamped "part worn" to comply with Trading Standards guidelines.


As the new tyre prices continue to increase, many people who are looking for cheap tyres are choosing to save hundreds of pounds by buying cheap, high quality used tyres instead. 

 

We have fast established a reputation for  high quality used tyres and specialise in the bigger and harder to find sizes. We cater for cars, vans and 4x4s and regularly fit tyres to premium vehicles such as Audi Q7, Mercedes AMG and Porsche. Since big size tyres are quite expensive buyers are always looking for good value alternatives.

 

We carry over 2500 used tyres in stock at a time so cater for most sizes. We have stacks of 19, 20, 21, 22 and even 24 inch part worn tyres in stock

 

The table below shows an example of the savings made with quality used tyres.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All our used tyres come with minimum 4mm tread across. The legal limit for tyres in the UK is 1.6mm tread across 75% of the face.

 

We also sell what are called A Grade part worn tyres, these typically come with 6mm tread or more so offer a great saving on nearly full tread tyres.

 

We always give the customer an option on tyres and will find pairs or sets if available. All tyres are open to inspection before fitting. We do not hide issues and offer a transparent service every time.

 

Other tyre shops may appear cheaper but most dont change valves, clean the rim, use sealer or even balance. We charge a fair price and do 

the job properly first time every time.

 

We do not have fixed prices for tyres since tyres are all different for example:

 

  A matching pair of Michelin 205 55 16 with 6mm tread will cost more than an odd pair of budget tyres with 4mm tread

 

 

 

 

FAQ:

The fine for illegal tyres is up to £2500 and 3 points per tyre.

Q: Are Part Worn tyres safe?

 

A: If we didn't think they were we would not fit them, we are a local Kettering tyre company that appreciates that people need a choice. We supply quality brands of tyre with up to 80% of the tread remaining at as little as 20% of the cost of a new tyre. As a business we have a reputation to maintain and the safety of our customers is more important than profit. Our business continues to grow on the strength of the referrals and our existing customers coming back again and again.

 

Q: I have never brought used tyres before, can I trust them?

 

A: If you have ever brought a second hand car, either privately or from a dealer, then you have already bought used tyres in the past, so it's not something new and unknowingly it is something you have done before

 

Q: Why would I buy Part Worn Tyres?

 

A:They cost a fraction of new tyres, and come with all the benefits of putting a leading brand tyre on your car as opposed to a budget tyre. It has been shown that a part worn top brand tyre will out perform a budget tyre in wet conditions and stopping distances.

 

Q: Where do part worn tyres come from?

 

A: Mainly from Germany and Europe, in many European countries by law you need to fit Winter tyres, so large volumes of part worn tyres get discarded each year during the changes from Summer to Winter and back. Germany has very strict law enforcement on the type of tyre a car has and the tread depth and as a result people tend to change their tyres more frequently.